On November 7th, just like last time, we will go live with our online sale for the LIMITED Scott Pilgrim Volume 2: Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World Collector’s Edition, along with the Regular Scott Pilgrim V2 Color HC, V2 Evil-Ex edition, and the very small amount of V1 Collector’s editions we have…
If you want a SCOTT PILGRIM VOL 2 COLOR HARDCOVER - COLLECTOR’S EDITION, follow the link. Oni Press also has a VERY SMALL QUANTITY of Volume 1 Collector’s Editions in case you missed the original sale date for those!!!!!!!!! They will all be made available on NOV 7th ONLY on onipress.com!!!!
scott pilgrim vol 2 collector’s edition
Will be at NYCC this weekend and comes with:
- EVIL EDITION Book
- A numbered book plate signed by Bryan Lee O’Malley
- Two “photo booth” strips (pictured)
- Five art prints, measuring 9×12, including both versions of the cover
- Ten vinyl stickers featuring some of O’Malley’s favorite panels from the book
- Two scout-style embroidered badges featuring Knives and Lucas Lee
- A crew pass and lanyard from the set of Lucas Lee’s movie, “You Just Don’t Exist” (pictured)
- A code for the digital edition of SCOTT PILGRIM VOLUME 2 COLOR EDITION from ComiXology
Limited to 1000 copies. The remainder after comic con (500+ copies) will go on sale online via onipress.com on November 7th. As with the first volume, they WILL be shipped internationally, but you WILL have to keep a sharp eye on the website because they’ll sell out fast.
Q. With the color versions did you feel pressure to color things that would have actually been black/white if the project was color initially?
Really the opposite is true. A lot of stuff was colored black and white in the movie out of respect to the comics’ black & white origins — but in my imagination, this stuff was all very colorful to begin with.
Right now we’re starting work on the color vol 3, and I have to decide what to do with Todd and Envy, who were colored totally monochromatic in the movie. With Envy i’ve definitely decided to throw caution to the wind and color her like an exploded box of crayons, so yeah.
ok let me see if i can list all the changes, since so many people have been bravely attempting it.
I drew this page really early. It was the first drawing in the book of some of these characters, including Ramona, so I thought it was worth tweaking them a little to make the whole story feel more consistent. I never had time to fix things like this back when I was first doing the books.
- I moved Scott & Wallace (together) to the right. I haven’t seen anyone correctly figure that one out. Wallace was getting sucked in to the spine of the book, and it was easiest to move him and scott as one. That’s why Scott’s hand is further along Neil’s chest and why Wallace got further away from Kim.
- Ramona: I redrew her mouth, changed her goggles, fixed the back of her jacket, corrected her bag (this was an early handbag version), changed the pose accordingly, and made some adjustments to her butt.
- Stephen Stills: I redrew his nose / jaw, and edited his eye and eyebrow a little.
- Knives: I changed the patch on her school shirt, fixed up her hand, and did cleanup on her eyebrows, eyes, nose and mouth.
- Kim: I beefed up her eyes a bit (heavier lines) and adjusted her nose & mouth.
- Wallace: I changed his eyes and did some minor changes to his hair. Oh, and the front of his jeans — for some reason I didn’t like any of the CROTCH DRAWINGS in the original version and I tweaked them. If there’s one thing i’ve learned in the past 8 years, its how to draw CROTCH.
- Scott: Changed his eyebrows. Rotated his nose and moved the mouth up. The seam on his shoulder went away (I think that might have been an accident). The S.P. changed to just SP. Minor crotch adjustments.
- Stacey: Changed her eyebrows. Minor adjustments to eyes, nose and mouth. Some adjustments on the sleeves and hair, mostly due to Scott’s arm having moved. I believe I actually made Stacey and Neil a little bit smaller too.
- Young Neil: changed his bangs a little. Adjusted the crotch. The image on his shirt got deleted due to Scott’s hand moving, and my colorist redrew it later.
I think that’s about it! Other than obviously it’s in color now.